Atlanta, GA – October 25, 2022 – IntelliTrans, the leader in global multimodal solutions for optimizing supply chain operations for the bulk and breakbulk industries, introduces the global supply chain visibility platform. supplies for maritime expeditions. On a single platform that combines truck, rail, barge and now ocean freight, shippers plan, book, execute and track ocean shipments in one place, providing visibility across the entire shipment lifecycle maritime.
“The ocean freight industry is struggling with lost containers, congested ports, shipping container shortages, rising freight rates, lack of carrier capacity and crew shortages,” said Bernard Cohen, Senior Product Manager at IntelliTrans. “Sea shipments are slower than other modes, but offer significant sustainability benefits while offering a lower unit cost. For these reasons and more, shippers are leveraging ocean freight as supply chains suffer from fluctuating supply and demand, rising operating costs and shrinking profits. net.”
“IntelliTrans’ Global Supply Chain Visibility (GVP) Platform for Ocean helps shippers and carriers address the significant challenges associated with ocean freight,” said Ken Sherman, President of IntelliTrans. . “While some vendors only offer a tracking platform, IntelliTrans realizes that shippers’ challenges demand a more robust solution that actually helps them book and fulfill. That’s why IntelliTrans is proud to develop comprehensive tracking. booking and fulfillment platform that becomes the integrated command center for a shipper’s transportation logistics needs. Our GVP provides visibility for any mode: ocean, truck, barge or rail.”
IntelliTrans GVP Ocean now offers additional visibility into container tracking, as well as:
• Connections to over 100 ocean carriers, NVOCCs, and freight forwarders, eliminating the need for shippers to contact each carrier via email, phone, or the carrier’s website. The Ocean platform covers 100 carriers, 425,000 port pairs and 18 million schedules so shippers have a wide range of carriers and schedules to cover their loads.
• Shippers submit booking requests and receive booking confirmations on the GVP portal electronically, making it faster, easier to track and more automated. Orders may be shipped via full container or less than full container load. Shipment tracking and fulfillment data is exchanged between carriers and shippers on the same portal.
• Electronic Bill of Lading (BOL) and online shipping instructions comply with industry standard data points. Shippers can view historical shipping instructions and compare them to current instructions to generate insightful dashboards with KPIs.
• Booking and shipping instruction templates help shippers with pre-populated forms, making it faster and easier to complete a shipment and free staff to focus on higher value tasks.
• Seamless in-transit shipment tracking for ocean vessels and inland movements, so shippers know where their shipments are at all times. Shipments can be viewed on maps in any mode, so ocean, rail, and truck appear on the same map for a holistic view of transportation operations. These can be used internally or securely shared with customers for a better experience by a shipper’s customers
• In addition to the carrier’s ETA, the GVP Ocean platform also provides dynamic ETAs calculated using multiple data points. This provides shippers with a more accurate estimated time of arrival for better operational planning.
• Industry standard value codes, UN location codes and HS codes for approximately 38,000 products avoiding transmission failures to shipping carriers. The benefit of this would be that when a user enters a transaction into the system, the location and product fields have pre-set values which prevent mis-entry of data.
• Ocean schedules allow planners to determine the best route option. The platform returns all possible options with available transit dates, estimated arrival times, trip information and terminal information so planners can choose the best route with confidence.
• Container tracking captures future critical events when importing containers, making it easy for shippers to offer a truck and have the shipment picked up on time.
• Support for IntelliTrans’ Open Message Systems Interface (OMSI) connects virtually any TMS, ERP, and third-party vendor, allowing shippers to have visibility from a PO number and other reference numbers or essential information.
“Shippers have everything they need to ship and track ocean freight on one platform,” adds Cohen.
IntelliTrans, a Roper Technologies company, provides unified, proactive solutions to manage complex supply chain needs. Customers are agile and efficient with global supply chain transparency powered by the cloud-based IntelliTrans Control Tower (Global Visibility Platform℠) and IntelliTrans TMS (Transportation Management System), the only cloud-based TMS SaaS that provides shipment execution and visibility across rail, truck, intermodal, barge and ocean. IntelliTrans delivers complete, timely and accurate data, enabling customers to automate business processes, improve customer service and reduce operational costs. From real-time alerts to interactive data visualizations, IntelliTrans gives organizations the tools to ask deeper questions and deliver more impactful results. Website: www.intellitrans.com.